She is weighing her options. What are your responsibilities? What’s the right thing to do? You have a lot to think about.
What do you do?
An unintended pregnancy involves decisions that affect you for the rest of your life. As a guy who is the father of this baby, you are not only involved, but you will be affected by the decisions that are before you.
What’s your plan of action? Help with parenting? Get married? Consider an adoption plan? Abortion? All of these plans come with a big changes and consequences for you. Your Alternatives pregnancy consultant will give you the resources and information you need to help both of you through this decision.
Pregnancy Centers are not just for women. Our services include you. Learn your options. Making an appointment at Alternatives gives you the chance to work through the questions you have with helpful information. Find support as you consider how to handle this situation. Having someone to talk to will help you be strong for yourself and your partner.
- Don’t rush her or pressure her.
- Listen to how she is feeling
- Keep the lines of communication open between the two of you.
- Be there for her.
- She needs your support now more than ever.
- She may be the one who is pregnant but you have both brought a new life into existence. Regardless of where the future of your relationship lies, you are responsible for this pregnancy too.
- Be strong. Be calm. Take one day at a time.
Talk about it.
- Talk to your girlfriend about how you are feeling and what you think.
- Talk to adults that you trust and people who will support you.
- Seek good advice. Be honest.
Get all the facts.
- Gather all of the information you need.
- Make sure that you are knowledgeable about every choice with its pros and cons.
- Help your girlfriend make an informed decision that is safe for her.
- Running away will not make this situation easier for either of you.
- You may have different opinions about the path that you should take. It may not be easy, but your goal should be to work together to come to the best decision for everyone.
How We Can Help
We’re here to help you think through your choices, get information and find support. Guys often find that coming in by themselves gives them the opportunity to talk freely and think through their situation clearly. Make an appointment today.